This website is operated by Destiny Student Ltd. We, Destiny Student Ltd, take your privacy seriously and we ask that you read this policy carefully, as it contains important information on:
- the personal information we collect about you;
- what we do with your personal information; and
- who your personal information might be shared with.
We are the controller of the personal information that we collect from you on our website, which means that we are legally responsible for how we collect, hold and use your personal information. It also means that we are required to comply with data protection laws when collecting, holding and using your personal information.
If you have any questions about this statement or how we hold or use your personal information, please contact email@example.com.
Your attention is particularly drawn to section 2 of this policy, which confirms that you consent to your personal information and sensitive personal information being held and used by us as described in section 1 of this policy.
- What personal information do we collect about you and why?
Our website is a place for you to find out more about us, the services that we offer and how you can book your stay with us.
When you visit our website, we collect personal information about you (including your name, address and e-mail address any other personal information that you provide when you contact us by telephone, e-mail or website enquiry form) when you:
- make a booking via our website (in which case, you will be re-directed to the website of our service provider, Cloud Beds, to complete the booking);
- provide us with feedback about our services and your stay with us; and
- submit an enquiry to us.
We use such personal information to:
- process your booking and collect payments via our service providers;
- provide you with the services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you, including in response to any of your enquiries;
- improve our services and respond to changing needs;
- comply with accounting, taxation and record keeping requirements;
- consider your feedback and handle and resolve complaints made by you;
- keep the personal information that we hold about you accurate and up-to-date (if you provide any new personal information to us via the website); and
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you.
We may not be able to provide the above services to you if you do not provide us with sufficient personal information to allow us to do so, for example, in relation to your payment card details.
We will also use your address, e-mail address, telephone number and mobile telephone number to send you offers and promotions about our services that might be of interest to you. By providing us with these contact details, you consent to receiving such information from us by these means. You can, of course, opt out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also collect information about you via cookie files. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on to your computer or other access device when you visit our website. We use cookie files to:
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and to take you through the checkout process;
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
Name of cookie: Google Analytics
Owner: Google Inc.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
- What is our legal basis for holding and using your personal information?
Data protection laws require us to have a legal reason for collecting, holding and using your personal information.
In some circumstances, we may rely on your consent as the legal reason. By providing us with your personal information and sensitive personal information (relating to your health, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs or sexual orientation) and the personal information and sensitive personal information of other individuals via our website, you:
- consent to it being used by us as described in section 1 of this policy; and
- confirm that you have informed the other individuals of 12 years old and above of the content of this policy and they have provided their consent to their personal information and sensitive personal information being used by us as described in section 1 of this policy.
You and the other individuals have the right to withdraw your consent to us holding and using your and their personal information and sensitive personal information by contacting us. Once you / they have withdrawn your / their consent, we will no longer use your / their personal information and sensitive personal information for the purpose(s) set out in section 1 of this policy, which you originally agreed to, unless we have another legal reason for doing so.
Our other legal reasons for holding and using your personal information are:
- performance and management of the booking entered into between us;
- legal and regulatory obligations which apply to us;
- protection of your vital interests; and
- our legitimate interests – while you have a legitimate interest in the protection of your personal information, we also have an overriding legitimate interest in handling and using your personal information, including sharing it with our contractors and service providers (listed in section 3 of this statement), for the purposes described in section 1 of this statement.
- Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with the following organisations for the purposes described in section 1 of this policy:
- our service providers to process your booking, maintain the systems on which your personal information is stored and process your booking payments;
- our solicitors and consultants for providing legal advice;
- our auditors and accountants; and
- third parties who undertake mailings on our behalf.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes described in section 1 of this policy, including to meet any legal, accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements. More information is contained in our data retention policy, which is available by contacting email@example.com.
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
The security of your personal information is of importance to us and we use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information.
However, while we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and, for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that is transferred by or to you via the Internet. If you have any concerns about the security of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- What if you provide us with personal information about somebody else?
We understand that there may be situations where you provide us with personal information about somebody else. In those situations, you confirm that:
- the other individual has consented to you acting for them and to your use of their personal information;
- you have informed the other individual of our identity and the contents of this policy, including the purposes for which we will use that individual’s personal information described in section 1 of this policy; and
- the other individual has explicitly consented to our use of that individual’s personal information for the purposes described in section 1 of this policy.
This policy will apply to our collection, handling and use of the other individual’s personal information in the same manner that it applies to your own personal information.
- Do we send your personal information outside the EU?
We may need to transfer your personal information collected on our website to our service providers based in countries outside the EU. These countries may not have the same standard of data protection laws as the EU. In this case, we will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a data security breach incident involving your personal information.
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal information that we collect, hold and use?
It is important that the personal information that we collect, hold and use about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes by contacting email@example.com. Under certain circumstances, the law gives you the right to request:
- A copy of your personal information and to check that we are holding and using it in accordance with legal requirements.
- Correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold and use about you.
- Deletion of your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to hold and use it. You also have the right to ask us to do this where you object to us holding and using your personal information (details below).
- Temporarily suspend the use of your personal information, for example, if you want us to check that it is correct or the reason for processing it.
- The transfer of your personal information to another organisation.
You can also object to us holding and using your personal information where our legal basis is a legitimate interest (either our legitimate interests or those of a third party).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make any of the above requests. When you make a request, we may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity for security reasons. You will not need to pay a fee when you make any of the above requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
- Feedback and complaints
We welcome your feedback on how we hold and use your personal information.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, the UK regulator for data protection, about how we hold and use your personal information. The Information Commissioner’s website is https://ico.org.uk/ and complaints can be made here.
If you would like to receive this policy in alternative format, for example, audio, large print or braille, please contact email@example.com.
- Updates to this policy
We may update this policy at any time, and you should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access our website.
Last updated: May 2018