Who we are
Destiny Student offers seasonal accommodation from June – September in purpose-built student accommodation buildings during the summer holidays.
We provide the price conscious traveller with high quality accommodation in self catering apartments. These apartments can be shared or taken as whole apartments if our guests wish.
Apartment sizes range depending on the location, but each bedroom is en-suite with three quarter sized (120 cm wide) double beds.
Apartment kitchens have a seating area and TV, and a fully equipped kitchen area, to allow our guests to option of cooking for themselves.
Most locations also offer studio apartments for those who prefer a little more privacy.
We bring the student accommodation standards into line with the travelling tourist’s expectations – we provide:
- Central locations, close to the city centre
- Free Wi-Fi
- All utilities included in the price
- Communal kitchen and lounges
- Secure key fob entry
- En-suite bathrooms
- Desk & full length mirror
- fully cleaned rooms (rooms can be cleaned during your stay for an extra charge)
- quality linens, pillow and duvet
- coat hangers for your storage
- a full and comprehensive kitchen pack (including pots, plates & cutlery, preparation and cooking utensils and glassware)
- We provide tea, coffee, milk sachets, sugar, soap and shampoo free of charge at reception, and washing powder too if you need to do some laundry!
- Irons & hairdryers are available to rent at reception
- Towels are available to rent at reception
- Luggage storage is available, free on arrival, charged for on departure
- Access to chargeable laundry facilities, reception will guide you
- 24 hour reception desk, with friendly, knowledgeable staff ready to welcome you.
- Fully staffed reservations team in central Edinburgh, on hand ready to assist you.
The buildings we manage often suit the following guest types:
- Leisure travellers exploring Edinburgh or Dublin on a budget
- Families who need the flexibility of self catering and having a whole apartment
- Accommodation for faculty led study abroad groups and language schools
- Accommodation for corporate travellers
- Accommodation for groups coming for our destinations for summer
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! We accept all guests during the summer months.
Although we would like you to remember you are staying in a student building and a large number of guests will be of student age.
Unless you book a full apartment then yes you will be sharing the kitchen and common area.
We clean each kitchen once a week so please clean up after yourselves and ask other guests to do the same.
No, all bedrooms are en-suite
Linen, duvet, pillows, internet. Towels are £5 each to purchase.
If you have booked direct towels are FREE
Everyone as a group is responsible for maintaining the tidiness and cleanliness of the flat. There will be communal cleaning supplies provided for the flat, so each guest is responsible for cleaning their own room and jointly keeping the communal area clean.
There is a large flat screen TV provided in the common room of the flat. TV’s are not provided in en-suites.
Yes, a basic pack of crockery and kitchen utensils are provided.
Check-In starts from 1500 and check-out timwe is 1000.
We do have 24 hour receptions so you can check-in late as well.
There is no allocated parking at any of our accommodation sites.
In Edinburgh there is free unrestricted parking a short walk from the accommodation where you can park.
In Dublin there is paid parking on the street.
Yes, luggage storage is free prior to check in.
If you would like to leave your luggage after check out we charge £5.00 per bag for this service.